Sunrise Friendship Forum

Sunrise Friendship Forum is a forum for the whole family! Relax, chat and make new friends.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Do Young Celebrities Have To Be Role Models?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CountrysideMam

PostSubject: Do Young Celebrities Have To Be Role Models?    Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:28 pm

With the most recent Disney child star, Miley Cyrus, breaking out of her childhood personality during a performance at a music awards show and the backlash that it inspired, it brings up the question of who should actually be a role model for our children.

Do you think that young celebrities have the responsibility to be role models? Or, are they just entertainers who do not owe it to their audience to present a positive image for sexuality and maturity?

Please share your thoughts!

In my honest and To be honest, I think that parents are the ultimate role models. I also think that the backlash is a little excessive. I didn't care for the performance myself, but it was jsut that--a performance.

Overall, parents need to take more responsibility for what their children consume and not place so much weight on what celebrities are doing. One suggestion: discuss things like Miley's performance or another starlet's behavior with your child as a way to teach them lessons about reputation and building a positive image!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CumberCookieCrumble

PostSubject: Re: Do Young Celebrities Have To Be Role Models?    Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:27 am

I dont think they have to be role models as such but at the same time do think they should take into consideration the age range of their fanbase.

ie if your fanbase is 8-12 years dont go round getting ur bits out in public.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://randomnessandallthat.proboards.com
Tomonag

PostSubject: Re: Do Young Celebrities Have To Be Role Models?    Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:53 pm

It's the parents fault for putting them in that business and then the kid/teen's ego dances in their heads and hearts and loosing influence for kids and adolescence people all over the world. We do got to be careful what our children watch and listen etc. these days though. :S
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do Young Celebrities Have To Be Role Models?    

Back to top Go down

Do Young Celebrities Have To Be Role Models?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sunrise Friendship Forum :: Sunrise Relaxing :: News, Debate & General Chat-
Jump to: